Monday, July 28, 2008

sweet child o' mine

Last week my girlfriends, Dana and Rachel, were sweet enough to throw me a shower. Obviously looking at the parents, we know this child is not coming out normal, per say. And by looking at the father, there may be a hint of diva in this sweet child. Needless to say, it was a rockstar themed baby shower. Love it. I don't do the themed characters cheese well. All the girls in my program came out and it was a good time. All the snacks a preggo could dream of...7 layer dip, Zaxby's chicken finger, and oh the fruit salad. I don't know if I'm craving fruit all the time, or just giving into my natural desire. But grow it on a tree, vine, or the ground, and I'm sure to eat it. I got sparkling grape juice while jealously watching the rest of the crowd sip champagne. The rockstar cupcakes came complete with blue booties.
We're not much of a game crowd, but Dana and Rach hit the spot with the onesie contest. Each girl got a onesie and some markers and created their own, to be judged by me for the win. Loved it. Fun favors for me at 2am in a few months, and a sweet reminder of people I love. Check out the wares. Awkward Em won with "A little mess...I pooped." The Beatles, mowhawks, and a smiley face on crack were also involved. Thank you girls. I'm not good with the cheesiness of life, but I truly appreciated all the love and laughs. It was a last hurrah of sorts before the majority of them enter life in the workplace and as I enter life on other terms.
Em, the winner:
Cassie's instistence on 2nd place in the middle:
A replica of Matt's "New Hampshire for Damnsure" on the left, and the Beatles on the right:

Rachel encouraging him already, and Shannon with our Crimson Tide:
Bessie's mowhawk love, Meredith's crack smiley, and Bree's rendition of the Man:
And the group.

No comments: