Sunday, June 1, 2008

Hello Stranger.

January: Matt calls this picture the beginning of the end... what a ride it's been. Vomiting greets me promptly at 7am and lasts beyond any notion of morning. It's not cute. My roommate accompanies me to my first appointment and we get mistaken for life partners. Cute.


February: 9 weeks. Waist so small... Lot's of saltines and ginger ale by this point. The nurses yell at me for losing weight. I'm sick and miserably tired at this point, but no worries, master's degrees don't require much of anything.

February: He asked. I answered. After 7 years anything is possible.
Diamonds AND lobster. That's happiness.

March: Matty hits the big 2-5... geez we're old. St. Patrick's day was quite bleak without any green beer.

April: 19 weeks...my heap of wheat is a little heapy-ier. I don't really pass for pregnant yet. My dry heaves disagree though. God bless the anti-nausea medication they created for chemo patients AND pregnant women! Unfortunately they are as stingy with it as kids with candy, which puts me sick for only HALF the month now. Baby steps.


Late April: Matt's parents visit...I'm a little fat, a little preggo. The boobs have made their full-fledged entrance. I complained to my mom and she laughed and said it only gets worse.


We also find out its a he, with a wee! We were both SUPER happy to delay the idea of a boy-crazy, 13-year-old, PMS-ing terror for a few more years. We acted like kids on Christmas day, I think the nurse believes we're unfit.

Kinda looks like he's flipping the camera off, don't you say?
I think he's got matt's belly.
Those aren't walnuts...
He's looking at you. Creepy baby.
Yea, not sure what this is. But it's inside me.



June: 27 weeks and belly-baring... I'm starting to get consistent looks and pity, too. The heat hit 101 degrees today. It's going to be an AWESOME summer in the south.


I'll be a good blogger from here on out. Promise.

3 comments:

Erin Bell said...

soooooooooo cute!!

rztw said...

I think that you should get a baby on board sticker for you car

turner said...

i'm buying that kid all sorts of indian crap. silk included. how do you feel about putting heavy eye makeup on the little one? they are big fans of it here. makes the kid extra creepy. you should think about it.