Thursday, October 2, 2008

not cute.

J and I went to bible study monday morning. I'm still nervous to take him out in situations where things can go terribly wrong (ie: him screaming and me running out the door flustered). Our first grocery trip went off without a hitch, but I was constantly in fear of having to ditch a full grocery cart. So monday I was quietly trying to leave early for a denstist appointment. First word: quiet. This kid is not quite. He grunts, moans and growls constantly...sleeping or otherwise. I never knew a baby could be so vocal! So as we were tiptoeing out I look down and see something on the couch where we were sitting. An umbillical cord. I shrieked. Obviously the attention and mood of the room shifted. And yes, my last attachment to my son was lying there pathetically on the couch. All I could say was gross and disgusting. There was a brief thought to keep it and make a necklace for Matt, but that thought went away with the tissue and nub into the trash. Luckily we could all laugh about it. And the women told me if that's disgusting, to just wait. Oh life, never a dull...

PS after the fact i realize that yes, Miranda Hobbs, had a similar experience involving a cat and a misplaced umbilical cord as well.

3 comments:

Kari said...

Hahahahaha! Too funny!

Jacqueline Claire said...

sweets- post some new pics of this little guy- i can't believe it's already been 4 weeks!!! :)

rztw said...

i think the necklace was a wonderful idea